Covid-19 respiratory infection is currently rattling many nations worldwide. Educate yourself about the infection to avoid panic. Not everyone who contracted the infection requires hospitalization, but WHO has stated that 1 in 5 people affected with Covid-19 become seriously ill and may require oxygen or ventilation. It is important to be careful.
What is the covid-19?
Corona virus is a family of viruses that causes respiratory tract infections in humans. Certain viruses of this family cause mild upper respiratory tract infection while this novel corona virus that emerged in China causes severe respiratory infection called Covid-19. There are no vaccines yet but there are ways to protect ourselves from infection.
Prevent corona virus:
- Wash hands frequently – If you touch a surface contaminated with cough droplets of an infected person, you are at a risk of contracting the infection. Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your face – Touching your face without cleaning your hands could increase the risk of infection.
- Maintain distance from people – Avoid standing too close to people when in public. Maintain at least 6 feet distance with sick people or those who cough.
- Follow cough etiquette: Cover your mouth with hands/ tissues when you cough/ sneeze and dispose your tissues after use.
- Isolate yourself if you are sick: If you are sick stay indoors.
CDC recommends the use of face masks to keep infections at bay. Wearing face masks protects you from contracting the infection and prevents infected people from spreading the infection to others. Among the different face masks available K95 provides maximum protection. Purchase KN95 Masks in Bulk from Custom Earth Promos family to safeguard you from infection.
They are the top manufacturers of high-quality masks. Their K95 masks offer 5 layers of protection and are comfortable to use. They cater to both small and large orders. Order from them today and receive your masks promptly.
Typical Covid-19 symptoms:
There is lot of misinformation regarding Covid-19 symptoms largely because it shares similar symptoms with other common flu. Additionally, not everyone infected with covid-19 virus experiences symptoms. Some are asymptomatic while others may exhibit symptoms between 1 and 14 days. The common symptoms include –
- Fever (very common)
- Cough (very common)
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste/ smell
- Shaking and chills
- Sore throat (less common)
- Runny nose (less common)
For the symptomatic patients, symptoms generally appear between 2 and 14 days and the symptoms generally worsen after the 8th day. Though many of these symptoms overlap with common cold, it is to be noted that the first symptoms with common cold are sore throat and runny nose, which isn’t the case with covid-19.
If you feel you may have contracted the covid-19 infection, monitor your symptoms closely since symptoms worsen for many during second week. Schedule an appointment with your doctor even if your symptoms are mild and get tested. Seek medical care and wear masks always.